The Upcycle Birmingham journey began in January 2014 when the very first sales and collections took place.
Three months later the CIC (Community Interest Company) was registered and the team has never looked back!
So many milestones have already been achieved and the business will continue to grow in the months ahead.
Local & Very Friendly Volunteers
Tonnes Donated To Us Each Year
- Local people have been employed to work alongside the original staff team
Upto25 volunteers are working with Upcycle Birmingham at any one time. They all receive induction training, manual handling and opportunities to secure First Aid certificates
- More than 20 local people who joined Upcycle Birmingham as volunteers have now moved on to permanent employment
- A number of partnerships have been developed with local schools and valuable work experience opportunities given to young people
- Each quarter, 30 tonnes of donated items are brought into Upcycle Birmingham for repair, upcycling and resale
- Positive customer feedback confirms that the sale of reasonably priced furniture and household goods has enabled people to settle, feel part of a local community and supported longer-term sustainability
Upcycle Birmingham journey began in January 2014, we have came a long way since then, take a read about our journey so far.